- This event has passed.
Bay Visions Field Trip to Half Moon Bay
April 13 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- What: Field trip to Pillar Point Harbor, Half Moon Bay
- When: Wednesday, April 13 from 9:30 am to 2 pm
- Who: Open to members of all six Bay Area Garden Clubs
- Cost: $35 (includes speakers and lunch)
- Registration: By March 31. Sign up and pay online at https://www.piedmontgardenclub.org/events/pillarpoint-bay-visions-field-trip-2/
- · Health of harbors, shorelines, and underwater life
- · Marsh restoration
- · Balancing the interests of different groups while trying to manage and protect the environment
- · Role of citizen scientists in analyzing potential solutions
- 9:30 Meet in Pillar Point Harbor parking lot for coffee tailgate, restrooms.
- 10:00 Cary Smith, Harbor District Training Officer, will describe Pillar Point Trail restoration work and living shoreline, as well as harbor sedimentation.
- 10:30 Short walk with Save the Bay representatives along shoreline.
- 11:00 Arrive at Old Princeton Landing Public House and Grill patio for program and lunch. Owner Brian Overfelt will share his perspective as a surfer and long-time resident
- 11:30 Featured speaker Dr. James Cloern, U.S. Geological Survey emeritus scientist, on health of San Francisco Bay, folllowed by Q&As
- 1:30 Optional docent-led walks.